From:        Kevin Sutter/Rochester/IBM
To:        Jakarta EE community discussions <jakarta.ee-community@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        05/11/2020 07:58
Subject:        Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [jakarta.ee-community] [jakartaee-platform-dev] Slack room for informal discussions ???

Thodoris and Edwin,
Yes, these are the reasons behind the thought of creating a Slack channel for anyone interested in a quick, informal chat.  The "official" communications would still be done via the mailing lists.  But, if there is a quick q&a that could be posted on Slack, then it helps with the email overload that many of us are under.

The Jakarta EE workspace already has the general #jakartaee channel, and Scott Marlow just created the #jakartaee-tck channel.  If I go forward with this, I think I would create #jakartaee-platform.  I didn't want to re-use the general #jakartaee channel since that is one that newbies automatically get subscribed to.  It's used just to get people's feet whet with Jakarta EE.  I'm thinking that the #jakartaee-platform channel would be used mainly by those individuals actively developing Jakarta EE 9 (or any of the follow-on releases).  Other suggestions?

FYI, here is a link to the Jakarta EE workspace on Slack.  Anyone interested in Jakarta EE can join this free workspace.
https://join.slack.com/t/eclipsefoundationhq/shared_invite/zt-crh7mheq-3on2tophEuvQTUGidEAWlg

Kevin Sutter
STSM, MicroProfile and Jakarta EE architect @ IBM
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn: