From:        Bill Shannon <bill.shannon@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        Jakarta EE community discussions <jakarta.ee-community@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        01/22/2020 01:19
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [jakarta.ee-community] change bars for asciidoc documents?
Sent by:        jakarta.ee-community-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Does anyone know what the state of the art is for adding change bars to
asciidoc documents?  I'd like to be able to take two versions of a document,
run them through a processor, and produce a third version, also in asciidoc
format, that includes change bars marking the changes from the first to the
second document.

A quick search turned up this issue against asciidoctor [1], which sounds
like the problem hasn't been solved yet.  Does anyone have better information?

This is going to be really helpful/essential when reviewing updated
specifications.  Reading the diff output of the asciidoc source code is not
really an effective approach.

Thanks!

[1]
https://github.com/asciidoctor/asciidoctor/issues/1031