Re: [jakarta.ee-community] [ee4j-pmc] Release process

And note that specification releases still require a review for every release.  The CI might not require a review but the specification will.  (I don't think the below is talking about specification releases, but I just wanted to include this so no one is confused.)

Kevin Sutter wrote on 1/13/20 7:13 AM:
Looks like the wrong "community" mailing list was being used in this string, so I'll correct that to the Jakarta EE Community to give a wider distribution.  I will also copy in the Jersey Dev mailing list to let them know that they are part of this discussion...  :-)

Kevin Sutter
STSM, MicroProfile and Jakarta EE architect @ IBM
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn:

From:        "Kevin Sutter" <sutter@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        EE4J PMC Discussions <ee4j-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc:        EE4J community discussions <ee4j-community@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        01/13/2020 08:57
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [ee4j-pmc] Release process
Sent by:        ee4j-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Christian,
The
Project Handbookindicates that a successful release review allows a project to distribute new major or minor releases for up to one year:

"
A project team may declare official major or minor releases and distribute associated products for up to one year following a successful release or progress review. Reviews are not required for bug-fix/service releases."

So, based on that, the Jersey project was okay with their 2.29 and 2.29.1 releases, but the 2.30 release needs to have a successful release review.  The project seems to be in a state of flux since the 2.30 release is not officially marked as a public release yet in github...
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jersey/releases.  There is a tag for it, but not a release...

Bottom line, Christian, I think your understanding is correct and Jersey needs to tidy things up a bit.  We do have to remember that the Eclispe processes are new to most of us, so there will be some hiccups along the way while we all get our feet wet.  Thanks!