Re: [jakarta.ee-community] [jakartaee-spec-project-leads] Request early guesstimates for Jakarta EE 9 effort

To be honest, this is exactly what I was getting at. We definitely need to get these technology communities to a healthier state. There was a bit of this in the JCP, but not like this in the Java EE 5 - Java EE 7 time frame. At least leads bothered trying to be responsive and so did most of the expert group (mostly vendor representatives). It would be sad to look at Java EE 5 - Java EE 7 as the gilded age of open standard enterprise Java activity.

Reza Rahman
Jakarta EE Ambassador, Author, Speaker, Blogger