[jakarta.ee-community] Jakarta EE 9 Release via latest published minutes [Nov 5th, 2019]

Given the current threads on Jakarta EE 9 release, I am reminded of the latest minutes published, link above, about the Resolution written about release 9. Lets focus on:

image.png

It seems that today's exchanges are given more priority to rushing and avoid considering the long term effects of pruning something we have no data to know if it will be the right choice to cut out of the next Jakarta release.

Should I be a company using Java EE 6/5, I would be worry about the current transition of this project ecosystem.
We - via rushing, seem to forget that up until now, we have collected no data from users to prune stuff with greater understanding of why cutting something has more pros than cons.

 Also, I see that some of the retrospective feedback provided and link to minutes above has yet to be implemented. Lastly, there are no Spec minutes shared since Oct 16th  That worries me as many (not strategic members) use the minutes to keep up to date.

Brainstorming openly

Back to the top