Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Thoughts on JakartaEE

On 25 Sep 2019, at 23:59, Stephane Maldini wrote:

https://www.slideshare.net/EmilyJiang3/cloud-native-programming-model-comparison, there is a bunch of inappropriate comparisons or borderline wrong facts given. What's the end goal ? Inferring MP is a

I don't speak for Emily of course, but I guess she did not put in errors
on purpose. So perhaps help her fix that.

Comparing to/with Spring is certainly attractive in the sense that a
lot of folks know Spring and its terminology and product/project
names. So just showing MP-foo may not tell a lot to folks, but if
you say MP-foo is a bit like Spring-frobnitz, then they can more
easily understand what MP-foo is about (if they know about
Spring-frobnitz).

I agree with you that more marketing the strength of MP-foo
may be the better approach.

And then the question is: how to you get people interested in
MicroProfile at all (" but we already use Cobol, so why should we
use MicroProfile?" )

Back to the top