Re: [jakarta.ee-community] EE4J PMC Meeting Minute #20

Ivar,

Thanks for sharing. I can confirm, that not so many projects have activity in the CI pipeline, but especially for JMS/OpenMQ I have done a lot already.
The project suffers from the still pending migration of the overall Glassfish codebase, so that's why OpenMQ especially the integration in need of  the Glassfish repo are likely in progress for a while. Also there is a lot of technical debt and redundancy the way Oracle built it before. The jms-api repository exists again as a duplicate in OpenMQ and I am comparing it with the EE4J branch of the new repo to find the correct state of the JMS API.

I don't know JAX-RS and Jersey well enough, but I remember, we had a similar dilemma in Security/Soteria for a little while, but it was resolved before Java EE 8/Soteria went final.

Ed confirmed, the C code that is also part of OpenMQ is likely out of scope for Jakarta EE / Glassfish, so it is worth looking at that and how to handle these modules. At the moment the OpenMQ nightly build works without them, and that sounds fine for Glassfish.

If Dmitry will be at ECE rather than OC1, would he either jointly (like we did at Java2Days) or by himself like to talk about JSON support at the Jakarta EE F2F events on Community Day?

Regards,

Werner