Re: [jakarta.ee-community] @DataSourceDefinition

I agree that there shouldn't be duplication of functionality (or similar functionality) across different Specs.  If a spec, such as JAX-RS, requires functionality of another spec (such as the Security API), then make it an optional soft dependency.  That way if the developer does not wish to use the Security API, they wouldn't have to include it.

Think of it this way...if a security vulnerability were found in an API, it is much easier to deal with it in the one API, rather than search for other specs that have similar implementations or duplicate functionality.

To the root of the discussion, it seems to make sense to have a resource spec that could define general functionality and configurability for things like @DataSourceDefinition.