Re: [iot-wg] Eclipse IoT instant messaging survey

Hi Frédéric,

1. Do you think the Eclipse IoT community should start using an instant messaging platform?

Yes.

2. Which instant messaging platforms should we consider? Why?

Gitter.im

It is already used by the community for Vorto, but also Hono, Ditto, Hawkbit…

3. How should we leverage an eventual instant messaging platform? For example, should we create channels for our projects? Should non-members be able to access it or not?

Channels for the projects are already existing, non-members can easily log in using Github or other ID providers.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kevin Olotu

Eclipse Vorto (IOC/PAP-VO)
Bosch.IO GmbH | Ullsteinstr.
128 | 12109 Berlin | GERMANY | www.bosch.io
Tel. +49 30 726112-348 | Fax +49 30 726112-100 |
Kevin.Olotu@xxxxxxxx

Registered Office: Berlin, Registration Court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr.-Ing.
Thorsten Lücke; Managing Directors: Dr. Stefan Ferber, Dr. Aleksandar Mitrovic, Yvonne Reckling