Re: [iot-wg] Eclipse IoT adopters

Hi Kai.

Personally, I don't think that we should mix those two different adoption mechanisms up.
As far as I understand the now established adopters mechanism was established for showing commercial adoption.

The information which projects are related can be already be managed at the "Related Projects" section at the Eclipse project site.
But I totally agree that we somehow need to make this information more visible on the websites of the projects, maybe even adding it to the front pages.

So the question for me is more
whether the projects willing to participate and show integration with other Eclipse projects should establish that by themselves
- or -
whether we require a similar tooling to the new commercial adopters mechanism.

Maybe it would make more sense to provide some more information in the "Related Projects" section (e.g. how is it related, in which direction a dependency can be established, how tightly/loosely coupled is the relation, etc.) which could then
- be showed at a subpage on iot.eclipse.org
- be included on the project's websites

That would be a very similar approach to the adopters mechanism and put some practical use to the information put into the Eclipse project management.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Thomas Jaeckle

Engineering Cloud Services 1 Bosch IoT Things (INST/ECS1)
Bosch Software Innovations GmbH | Ziegelei 7 | 88090 Immenstaad | GERMANY | www.bosch-si.com

Sitz: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Lücke; Geschäftsführung: Dr. Stefan Ferber, Michael Hahn, Dr. Aleksandar Mitrovic