[iot-wg] Eclipse Hono 1.0.0 is available

Dear Hono community,

after over three years of hard work we are very proud to announce the
immediate availability of Eclipse Hono 1.0.0 [1]. With the 1.0.0 release
Hono graduates from the incubation phase at Eclipse IoT. In particular,
this means that Hono's public APIs are now subject to semantic versioning.

Eclipse Hono provides uniform service interfaces for connecting large
numbers of IoT devices to a (cloud) back end. It specifically supports
scalable and secure data ingestion (telemetry data & events) and also
supports sending messages (commands) to connected devices.

Release notes are available at [2], a list of issues addressed in 1.0.0
can be found on GitHub [3].

Binary artifacts are available from the Eclipse Repository [4] and
from Maven Central [5].

However, the easiest and preferred way of using Hono is by
means of Docker images available from Docker Hub [6]. A Helm chart for
deploying Hono to Kubernetes or OpenShift is available from the download
page [7].

If you want to give Hono a try, please follow the Getting Started guide
on the project web site [8].

Please refer to the project page at Eclipse [9] for Hono's release plan.

I would like to send out a big thank you to all committers, contributors
and people who have provided valuable feedback throughout the last
years. Without the incredible passion and work all of you have put into
Hono, we would never have made it this far. See you all on Gitter, the
mailing list, GitHub or at EclipseCon Europe in Ludwigsburg ;-)

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/hono
[2] https://www.eclipse.org/hono/release-notes/
[3]
https://github.com/eclipse/hono/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+project%3Aeclipse%2Fhono%2F21
[4] https://repo.eclipse.org/content/groups/hono/
[5] https://search.maven.org/search?q=g:org.eclipse.hono
[6] https://hub.docker.com/u/eclipse/
[7] https://www.eclipse.org/hono/downloads/
[8] https://www.eclipse.org/hono/getting-started/
[9] https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/iot.hono/governance

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kai Hudalla
Chief Software Architect

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Ullsteinstr. 128
12109 Berlin
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.com

Registered Office: Berlin, Registration Court: Amtsgericht
Charlottenburg; HRB
148411 B
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Lücke; Managing
Directors:
Dr. Stefan Ferber, Michael Hahn, Dr. Aleksandar Mitrovic