Re: [iot-wg] Eclipse IoT integration map

On Thu, 2018-10-04 at 18:09 +0200, Alois Zoitl wrote:
> On Thu, 2018-10-04 at 11:53 +0200, Jens Reimann wrote:
> > Hi Alois,
> >
> > From my point of view, the main idea of this map is to show how Eclipse IoT
> > application projects work together. 4DIAC would count for me as an
> > application project, where Paho is more like a building block.
> >
> > So I think this boils down the initial idea of requires to add projects.
> > Refining this a bit for the differentiation of "building block" and
> > "application" projects:
> >
> > ---
> > Building block project:
> > 1) It is an Eclipse IoT project
> > 2) It is used by at least one other Eclipse IoT (application) project
> >
> > Application project:
> > 1) It is an Eclipse IoT project
> > 2) It connects to at least one other Eclipse IoT (application) project
> > 3) There is at least one web page that can be linked to, which describes
> > _how_ to connect those projects
> > ---
> >
> > From what I know, there is currently no integration of 4DIAC with other
> > application projects in Eclipse IoT. If that assumption is wrong, then we
> > could definitely add 4DIAC here as well. Otherwise for me it currently
> > wouldn't make sense to add 4DIAC.
>
> I totally agree with your assessment. I myself found it pretty week that's the
> reason I'm asking. I think this is the part where we have to do some homework.

Alois, we discussed this during the integration call yesterday as well. My
understanding is that 4DIAC can (?) publish data to an MQTT broker (e.g.
Mosquitto). Didn't we also talk about 4DIAC supporting to publish data in PPMP
format to Hono? If this is the case then I think we could/should add 4DIAC to the
map, otherwise you indeed have some homework to do ;-)