Re: [iot-wg] Eclipse IoT integration map

Hi Jens,

I’m not sure, why your map describes Californium as

Californium is a powerful

CoAP framework targetting

back-end services and

stronger Internet of Things

(IoT) devices. It provides a

convenient API for RESTful

Web services that support

all of CoAP's features.”

I feel, that this leads to misunderstandings.

Sure, though californium is in java, it’s not intended to run on smaller embedded devices.

But it’s intended to serve as backend for such smaller embedded systems, which then use

libcoap, erbium, or whatever is uses as embedded coap library.

So I would prefer to describe it as

Californium is a powerful

CoAP framework targetting

back-end services for small

Internet of Things (IoT) devices

using other embedded coap

implementations. It may also

be used on stronger (IoT)

devices. It provides a

convenient API for RESTful

Web services that support

all of CoAP's features.”

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Achim Kraus

(INST/ECS4)
Bosch Software Innovations GmbH | Stuttgarter Straße 130 | 71332 Waiblingen | GERMANY
| www.bosch-si.com
Tel. +49 711 811-58139 | Fax +49 711 811-58200 |
achim.kraus@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sitz: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr.-Ing.
Thorsten Lücke; Geschäftsführung: Dr. Stefan Ferber, Michael Hahn