[iot-wg] Eclipse HIP - Specification

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the interruption.

I've been trying to progress the Eclipse HIP project for a while now. Essentially, the aim of HIP is to allow IOT deployments to scale without requiring additional SaaS resources by arranging devices in a hierarchy and having them process/aggregate data before sending it to the cloud. As the deployment grows, the hierarchy gets deeper, but the same volume of messages are transferred.

I'd be extremely grateful for any feedback (positive or negative) on the draft (WIP) specification[1] for HIP. I've been iterating the specification (and the JS reference implementation) since April of this year and seem to be stuck in an infinite loop. Hopefully, some feedback will help point me in the right direction.