Re: [iot-wg] Bredex joining the IoT Working Group
|Can you re-send a calendar invite? Whenever Kai sends out the invite, I get 5 or 6 of them, and NONE of them end up actually IN my calendar. |
Signed PGP part
That is great news, welcome! I think your input with regard to quality in the context of IoT will be very valuable. I will make sure to add you to the agenda for our call next Tuesday so that you can introduce your activities to the group in more details.
Also, Roxanne will follow up with you shortly to make sure we had Bredex to the Eclipse IoT website!
_______________________________________________iot-wg mailing listiot-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxTo change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visithttps://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/iot-wg Bredex would like to join the IoT Working Group 😊 Tim Winselmann and I will be primarily involved in the group. Tim from the perspective of a developer and solution architect for IoT. In his intro mail, he outlined the things we’re working on:
- A smart office prototype for showing in todos the office (turn lights off, close windows etc). Technology stack included: ESP8266 and Raspberry Pi as IoT devices, Mosquitto MQTT broker, OpenHAB/custom backend with an Angular frontend. We’ve done some PoC testing for mocking MQTT packets for use in web frontend tests.
- Various IoT demonstration boards to show customers setups and to evaluate test scenarios: Technology: Bosch XDK IoT Device, connected via MQTT to NodeRED/OpenHAB/Grafana with InfluxDB. We’re currently looking at integrating Eclipse Kura and / or Apache Edgent as Gateways.
- A pilot project for an industrial customer to evaluate and consult on their quality strategy for remote maintenance for their metal-pressing machines. Here we’re looking at architecture, design for testability, robustness, remote deployment, data privacy and security.
As you can see, alongside the development and design of such systems, we’re (unsurprisingly!) doing a lot of work on quality in IoT as well😊 Tim and I are some of the first qualified trainers in Germany (the world 😉 ) for the new certified professional for IoT course for quality engineering. We’d like to join the working group to share experiences and also talk about quality in these systems. As you saw from my mail a few months ago, I’d also love to encourage people to submit talks to the project quality day at Eclipse Con Europe, where the topic is quality in IoT systems. Even if your talk is an outline of the problems, I want to hear that too! 😊 Head of Software Quality and Test Consulting
IoT Program ManagerEclipse Foundation+33 (0) 619196101@kartben
David G. Simmons, InfluxDB
Senior Developer Evangelist
/** Message digitally signed for security and authenticity.
* If you cannot read the PGP.sig attachment, please go to
Secure your email!!!
* Public key available at keyserver.pgp.com
♺ This email uses 100% recycled electrons. Don't blow it by printing!
|There are only 2 hard things in computer science: Cache invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors.|
Description: Message signed with OpenPGP