De : Benjamin Cabé <benjamin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date : Thu, 17 Jul 2014 01:14:02 +0200
Objet : [iot-wg] Javaone demo scenario and API

All,

The demo scenario for JavaOne and the API to consume sensor data coming from the greenhouse or toggle the lighting on or off are described on the following wiki page [1].

A fully-web based simulator runs at [2] and allows you to simulate the "eclipse-greenhouse", or virtually any number of greenhouses. This is useful if you're e.g interested in extending the demo to showcase a technology consuming the data from N greenhouses (by listening to javaonedemo/#, for example) and consolidate them or display them on a chart.
This web UI will be enhanced to also act as a "control remote" that will allow to visualize the current status of an existing greenhouse.

I believe this simple scenario will enable many parallel demos that will help demonstrate not only the Eclipse IoT Java stack, but also the interoperability brought by MQTT and CoAP.

Please do not hesitate to ping me should you have any questions,
Benjamin –