Re: [iot-wg-integration] Proposal for "map" page

Hi Jens,

thanks for taking the initiative on this :-)

On Fri, 2018-09-21 at 11:40 +0200, Jens Reimann wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> as promised in one of the previous calls, took the item of creating a visual
> "map" of the current integration state.
>
> Here is my proposal. Please note, that this is a design proposal, and not 100%
> finished. But I would like to have some feedback early.
>
> The idea is to transform this into an interactive web page, for EclipseCon
> Europe 2018.

Interactive sounds great! IMHO this is the right approach because otherwise there
will be too many arrows/lines linking the components to their description, thus
distracting the viewer from the real content, i.e. the components/stacks and how
they are related to each other.

> I imagine the map to be in the center, showing the full stack/application
> projects. And the build block projects on the side. Focusing only on Eclipse
> IoT projects.

It would also be helpful to see how/if the stacks/application projecs relate to
each other, e.g. Kura is "connected" to Hono and/or Kapua.

> When you hover over any project, you will get some description of it on the
> side. When you hover of a building block project, then those will also be
> emphasized in then main map.

I like that +1