[iot-wg-integration] Proposal for "map" page

Hi everyone,

as promised in one of the previous calls, took the item of creating a visual "map" of the current integration state.

Here is my proposal. Please note, that this is a design proposal, and not 100% finished. But I would like to have some feedback early.

The idea is to transform this into an interactive web page, for EclipseCon Europe 2018. I imagine the map to be in the center, showing the full stack/application projects. And the build block projects on the side. Focusing only on Eclipse IoT projects.

When you hover over any project, you will get some description of it on the side. When you hover of a building block project, then those will also be emphasized in then main map. When the project is an full stack/application project, that box will contain a list of links with possible integrations. A click on such a link will take you to the integration page (e.g. Kura with Hono).

There should also be (currently there is not) an indicator that you can click on the paths between the projects. This will take you to same integration page (again, e.g. Kura with Hono).

The integration pages can either contain the full information about the integration, or link again some other pieces of documentation.

In important message of this map should be, that this is the current state, and other projects are welcome to join this.

I would like to continue with this approach as soon as possible. So don't wait with your feedback too long ;-)

Cheers

Jens

--
Jens Reimann
Senior Software Engineer / EMEA ENG Middleware

Red Hat GmbH, www.de.redhat.com,
Managing Directors: Paul Argiry, Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael O'Neill