Re: [incubation] I18n for feature.xml/plugin.xml

Hi

You are being very diligent in following all the old strong guidance.

Sadly much of it is now stale and/or widely ignored.

I'm not sure that any project is really internationalized these days; certainly it is a long time since I got an email from the IBM message translators asking what a message meant.

In the particular case of i18n, there appear to be some directory naming practices that went obsolete with PDE-build. Every so often some new attempt at compatibility by Tycho manages to resurrect old functionality and go confusingly wrong as a consequence of a stale refactoring. IMHO the less you have to do with i18n the better.

    Regards

        Ed Willink