Re: [incubation] Hosting project documentation on readthedocs.io

Hi Patrick.

Using readthedocs.io to deploy your documentation is fine. This would be considered an external resource; there's some more about them in the handbook. No formal permission is required, but there are some branding and level playing field requirements.

I'm pretty sure that you're doing this already, but will take the opportunity to reinforce that the sources for the documentation are project content (i.e., they must be stored in a Git repo that is managed by the Eclipse Foundation on behalf of the project).

Regarding the copyright headers, there are two options outlined in the handbook (and repeated by the documentation generator).
  • Copyright (c) {year} {owner}[ and others]; or
  • Copyright (c) {date} Contributors to the Eclipse Foundation

HTH,

Wayne