Re: [incubation] How do project committers vote on proposals which affect the projects community?

Filip,

My sense is that any changes to a Project's source code is something that can be reviewed/handled following "normal Project development practices".   Where broader opinions on significant changes are desired by the Project lead(s), the Project lead(s) should solicit those opinions from their committers/community in a way that will generally get the attention of the appropriate audience, e.g., post a link to the Project's dev-mailing-list with a reference to a Bugzilla, a poll, or a Gerrit review.  In the end, the Project lead(s) are responsible and empowered to decide what is best for the Project.  It's very nice when the Project lead(s) consider the the input from the Project's committers/community, but that's not strictly required.  So I don't think you should look for a formalized way of collecting opinions.

Regards,
Ed