Re: [incubation] Humongous pre-req deps

One can only try to imagine, how many CQs EE4J will trigger if Ceylon already caused 671 ;-O

From: Wayne Beaton
Sent: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 08:26
To: Discussions for new Eclipse projects
Subject: Re: [incubation] Humongous pre-req deps

It sounds to me like IDEA is what we refer to as a "exempt pre-req" dependency. AFAICT, it's the sort of thing that the kind of user who will use the corresponding Eclipse Ceylon functionality (i.e. the plug-in) will install for themselves (and accept the license).

It's enough to just create a CQ for IDEA itself and, when the system asks you to attach source code, just comment that it's a "exempt pre-req". You don't have to capture the transitive closure of dependencies for an exempt pre-req.

Note that we do have a bug open to make the system stop asking for source code on a "works with" that I'll extend to include exempt pre-reqs as well.

There's more information in the Guidelines for the Review of Third Party Dependencies. More of this information needs to be moved into the handbook.

Regarding Play Framework, I recommend that you contact emo-ip-team@xxxxxxxxxxx and ask them how they recommend you proceed. They want to reduce the amount of effort required as much as you do.

HTH,

Wayne