Re: [incubation] Initial contributions questions

Hi Stephane.

The Eclipse IP Policy isn't concerned with JARs, modules, or any sort of technical implementation detail. It focuses on content, or--if it helps--libraries in a general sense.

If the content has multiple modules that all come from a single open source project (or a single source code repository) with a single development team under common licensing, then that content should likely be represented as a single CQ. Apply this logic recursively with dependencies of the content.

If I'm understanding correctly, the shaded JAR itself is just a packaging detail that does not have its own source and therefore does not require a CQ. Group the contained modules into libraries and submit each library as a separate CQ.

Does this make sense?

Wayne