Re: [incubation] Modifying the configuration for our Eclipse github repos?

about being able to merge even if the IP check fails; this happens to be useful in some situations.

For example a commiter who change a file directly using the github web interface will have a commit with the "no-reply@xxxxxxxxxx" user instead of the commiter email. (This is quite useful for very simple changes like typo)  The IP check fails even if the commit was done by a known commiter :-(
Being able to manually check the commit and still merge them avoid the burden of rewritting the history...

but you're rigth, enforcing such rules can also be useful if you're not 100% sure that all commiters knows the rules.

best regards
Didier