Re: [incubation] Is there any way to tell who is subscribed to our dev mailing list?

Hi Mark,

I don't know how to find out who is on/off the list. Unfortunately it
sounds like the committers who are not subscribed are not "properly"
participating as committers of an Eclipse project. This is the quote
from the developers handbook that is relevant
(https://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/):

Committers are required to monitor the mailing lists associated with
the project. This is a condition of being granted commit rights to the
project. It is mandatory because committers must participate in votes
(which in some cases require a certain minimum number of votes) and
must respond to the mailing list in a timely fashion in order to
facilitate the smooth operation of the project. When a committer is
granted commit rights they will be added to the appropriate mailing
lists. A committer must not be unsubscribed from a developer mailing
list unless their associated commit privileges are also revoked.

In addition the email all committers receive on becoming committers
should say this:

If you have not done so already:
1. Be sure subscribe to the developer mailing list.
2. Read the Eclipse Development Processs
http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/
 --snip--

If a committer has not received this email, then perhaps there is a
problem with their account. The handbook says committers should be
auto-subscribed too, but perhaps they are being auto-subscribed to the
same incorrect email/account?

I believe this is area is something the Science PMC should be
monitoring, so I have CC'ed them in on this problem.

Thanks for bringing it up.

Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham