Re: [incubation] i18n requirement for projects

On 01/25/2017 10:39 AM, Mickael Istria wrote:
On 01/25/2017 04:30 PM, Christian Pontesegger wrote:
Do we have a list of requirements for projects aiming for the simultaneous release?
Yes https://wiki.eclipse.org/SimRel/Simultaneous_Release_Requirements

More specifically, the requirement for "i18n" is in the "optional" part -- optional, but required for good adoption. See

https://wiki.eclipse.org/SimRel/Simultaneous_Release_Requirements/Appendix#Excel_in_National_Language_support

You will notice it is more than just "externalizing strings" (though, that is a big part of it). In practice, I have always found it harder to ensure "development in other languages" (such as, can someone use the "English version" to develop web pages that display in non-English languages).

HTH

Back to the top