Re: [incubation] project web site recommendations?

Hello Mark,

for documentation we went a rather boring way with Docbook generating HTML [1]. That could have been put on the same site, but since OpenSCADA is an extension to Eclipse NeoSCADA, we did it there. That is also why it ended up it a different git repository. The pro side of docbook is that you can easily re-brand or extend the existing documentation if you need.

For the Eclipse hosted website we stuck with a plain project web site that you can see. Listing different releases: yes, but there is only one instance of the data backing this instance [2], so no multi-branch, multi-release way there.

The wiki worked fine in general. But as you said it is, well, a challenge to keep it up to date, and for the wiki we only documented the most recent release.

Jens