Re: [incubation] License compatibility for SISSL and EPL : changed to : using predefined api package names

Thank you Mike for the fast reply.

In the meantime I have also received a reply from the DRMAA WG, and it appears it is allowed to re-deliver the Java interface definitions with an EPL license. I.e. they only protect their specification documents, implementors are allowed to (re)distribute actual code with any preferred open- or closed-source license. So i.o. reusing the jars from Sun/Oracle or of Son of Grid Engine we could deliver our own bundle jars then.

So now the issue has potentially changed into : can I deliver an API with a predefined (non-eclipse) namespace as part of Triquetrum?
More concretely, the package name should be org.ggf.drmaa for the interfaces/API.

I couldn't find a detailed statement about such a need, to provide externally specified APIs, on e.g. https://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/HOWTO/The_Eclipse_Code_Namespace_Policy

Implementations for specific grid technologies would be free to use the normal org.eclipse.triquetrum namespace.
(I would still go through the CQ process for the implementation for SGE as that is based on a JNI binding to a C implementation from Sun)

thanks again,
erwin