[incubation] Release Update Sites

Hi everyone,

the ELK project is about to push out its first release since we've
become an Eclipse project, which I am mighty excited about. However,
this causes me a bit of a headache as far as the proper structuring of
our downloads area is concerned.

So far, we have only pushed a single nightly built update sites to the
build.eclipse.org servers, each night overwriting last night's update
site. That's easy.

With our proper releases, I would of course like to put each release
update site in a separate folder (which is easy) and integrate all
existing update sites into a compound update site (which is less easy).

I already talked to Eike Stepper, one of our mentors, about this some
months ago and he mentioned that there may already be solutions for this
problem. I guess it shouldn't be much of a problem to write a simple
script to generate compound update sites myself, but since each project
runs into this I thought there may already be good implementations around?

Cheers,
 Christoph Daniel