Re: [ide-dev] Interesting tweet about perfs

Hi

It may depend on your workbench.xmi size. For me a 750kB file could well benefit from a faster parser, but parsing is only one of many startup activities. I see an about 4s improvement in 28s loading from a RAM disk. Less clear whether many 1-5kB files benefit since EMF has a parser pool to try to avoid churning parsers.

Xtext is normally using a small number of XMI files of modest size so I wouldn't expect a significant overall speed up. However if you're using SysML with many large XMI files involved, that could be a very different matter.

Regards

Ed Willink