Re: [ide-dev] Cross-platform free Visual Studio

From a technical point a view it is quite interesting. As far as I can see, it's implemented in _javascript_ and perhaps shares the same code base as Visual Studio Online. Which is an amazing achievement on its own.

Kaloyan

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 8:16 AM, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I wasn't much shocked by this announce. It's in the continuation of current Microsoft strategy for more openness, which is a pretty good thing.

I don't see that as a threat for Eclipse IDE neither, from the reasons you mentioned (diversity, universality). So nothing to change at Eclipse IMO, just business as usual. I'm more curious on how this will affect Sublime Text and maybe even IntelliJ WebStorm popularity.

However, we need to give it a try in order to find if there are some good ideas we could port.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat