Re: [ide-dev] 10 ideas to improve Eclipse IDE usability

On 06/02/2014 02:36 PM, Daniel Megert wrote:
Just so people might discover more of those powerful things, we try to remind them that it is very useful to read our Tips and Tricks documents, see e.g.
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/S-4.4M7-201405010200/news/

This is for sure NOT a communication issue or nothing like that. People who want to know what's new can easily find it, no problem on that point.
I'm more concerned by the usability issue and the "hide actions by default" behavior of that warning pop-up. Is there a UI guideline enforcing that? If there is one, is it still accurate (we don't design UX now as we used to do 6 years ago...)?
Should we continue the discussion about this specific pop-up on another Bugzilla?

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top