Re: [ide-dev] An "IDE Working Group"

That would be a JDT working group then wouldn't it? Clearly the immediate concern is around competition with IntelliJ but I would expect in the longer run changes to benefit the entire IDE.

From: Ian Skerrett <ian.skerrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, 23 September, 2013 4:30 PM
To: 'Discussions about the IDE' <ide-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ide-dev] An "IDE Working Group"

Here is the process document for creating a working group. http://eclipse.org/org/industry-workgroups/industry_wg_process.php

The companies forming the working group need to be Eclipse Foundation members. You also need to have a defined purpose and a description of what funding, or not, is required for organizations to join the working group.

FWIW, I would not start a working group with a marketing focus. Everyone know about the Eclipse Java IDE and we already have very healthy market share. To me, the challenge is to create a pool of resources to fund developers to improve JDT. Better web sites or web pages are not going to fix any of the technology problems.