Re: [ice-dev] [EXTERNAL] Re: Fat jars for ICE and PTP

So you want to pull the OSGi framework in as a dependency?

Greg

On Jun 18, 2019, at 5:00 PM, Billings, Jay Jay <billingsjj@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greg,

Yes, I want to use it headlessly. However, I want to do it from a non-OSGi project. I will have no way to pull the feature into my project (at least no Tycho-ish way).

The ideal way to do this would be to pull it in as a standard Maven dependency.

Jay

Jay Jay Billings
Group Leader, Scientific Computing and Software Engineering, Neutron Scattering Division, and
Acting Group Leader, Research Software Engineering, Computer Science and Mathematics Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Twitter Handle: @jayjaybillings

From: ice-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <ice-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Greg Watson <greg@watson.earth>
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 4:46 PM
To: ice developer discussions
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [ice-dev] Fat jars for ICE and PTP

Jay,

I just want to clarify what you want to do, which is use the o.e.remote plugins headlessly. Is that correct? The simplest way to do this would be if I create a feature that includes only the non-UI components. Creating a fat jar or publishing to maven central, then using the p2-maven-plugin to OSGi-ify it, seems the long way to get around the problem.

Let me know...
Greg