[ice-dev] Fat jars for ICE and PTP

I've been trying to create fat jars for ICE and PTP, but I've had little success. I was able to get a single large zip of everything using the Maven shaded plugin and the Tycho repository plugin:

<plugin>
                <groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
                <artifactId>tycho-p2-repository-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>${tycho-version}</version>
                <configuration>
            <!--        <createArtifactRepository>false</createArtifactRepository>-->
                    <includeAllDependencies>true</includeAllDependencies>
                </configuration>
      </plugin>
      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-shade-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>2.4.3</version>
        <configuration>
          <!-- put your configurations here -->
        </configuration>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <phase>package</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>shade</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

I also tried the spring boot Maven plugin as Mattias Sohn suggested here

https://www.eclipse.org/lists/tycho-user/msg08185.html

but that failed because I couldn't specify a main class. That is, it was trying to create an executable jar and I just want a library jar.

I tried to look at the p2-maven-plugin last night,

https://github.com/reficio/p2-maven-plugin

I fell asleep and didn't get very far, but I think this may do it. I remember some people using this a few years back.

Anyway, I'm just typing this up since Greg has agreed to look at this for PTP. I will play with it some more as well. Any other thoughts or suggestions are welcome too, of course!

Jay

Jay

Back to the top