[hono-dev] Commands & Control in HonoClient

Hi all,

as far as I see the HonoClient provides only support for backend apps to send commands (CommandClient) upstream to protocol adapters. However, there are not facilities for a protocol adapter to consume commands and to send downstream command responses.

I see such utilities in hono-service-base but they seem to be different level of services (not of the level of CommandClient, MessageSender, RegistrationClient, CredentialsClient).

Do you plan to make Commands & Control first level citizen of HonoClient and provide CommandResponseSender and CommandConsumer on the HonoClient level? Or you have chosen to leave all the low-level implementation to the protocol adapters?

Personally I think that these facilities shall be available via HonoClient, but I don’t see open issues for adding such support.

Поздрави / Best regards,

Avgustin Marinov

Engineering Cloud Services Device Manager
(INST/ECS8)
Bosch Software Innovations EOOD | 47B Tsarigradsko Shose | Sofia 1124 | BULGARIA
| www.bosch-si.com
Tel. +359 2 9055801 | Mobile +359 889 464664 | Fax +359 2 9532617 | Avgustin.Marinov@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top