Re: [hono-dev] Hono CLI proposal part 1 - consumer

Indeed, with recent Windows 10 releases, the new "Subsystem for Linux" provides a Bash with all *nix tools, including grep.

Hono CLI may still be useful for controlling/monitoring Hono instances.

Kind regards,

Ingo Maas

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH

INST/ECS4

Schöneberger Ufer 89 - 91

10785 Berlin

GERMANY

www.bosch-si.de

Tel. +49 30 726112-156

Fax +49 30 726112-100

ingo.maas@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 148411 B

While I understand your desire to improve the user experience with a CLI tool, I also understand Sebastian's concern regarding "re-inventing the wheel". It is not our mission to circumvent Windows users' general problem of lacking decent tools for development. That said, I consider a simple grep-like filtering mechanism useful but I would really try to restrict this to the bare minimum.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kai Hudalla
Chief Software Architect

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Schöneberger Ufer 89-91
10785 Berlin
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.com

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 148411 B;