Re: [hono-dev] [PROPOSAL] Extend Hono with Credential Management API

I agree, my experience is that wiki doesn’t work too well for the documentation on the long run. It’s harder to contribute, but also you want to keep the documentation tied to the version of the project you’re documenting. Otherwise things get messy, as you always need to state which version some feature has been introduced and such. So +1 for pr approach.

Also, at some point we’ll need to version Hono API as well. But it’s too early for that.

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 11:58 AM, Hudalla Kai (INST/ESY1) <Kai.Hudalla@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2017-02-16 at 10:38 +0000, Paolo Patierno wrote:
> I suggested this in the past ... what do you think to move the documentation
> from Wiki to the repo itself in a doc section ? In this way we can handle PRs
> (from committers but even from contributors) ...

I think we have already started to do that by migrating the content frmo the wiki
to the site module. The site module contains all the stuff we want to publish on
the web site. I do not really want to continue to use the GitHub Wiki but use the
Eclipse Wiki instead (if at all). I can live with both approaches: create a PR
for the Credentials API document under site/ or drafting the document on the
Eclipse Wiki.

WDYT?