Re: [hono-dev] Let's get started

I would just be careful with assumptions that we should always connect to EvenDispatcher. I can imagine situations when for example Red Hat customers would like to use protocol adapters and let's say our device management capabilities, but at the same time they would like to use broker-native features for managing ACLs. I think we should be careful with this kind of commitments.

I think it should be possible to treat EventDispatcher as an optional component. Which can give you for example ACL features out of the box, without relying on the messaging/broker features to achieve it. However for some scenarios people would like to rely on their broker-specific features for this and we should also respect that IMHO.

Cheers!