Re: [higgins-dev] My position on EntityId

So the use case is that an Entity can be located by multiple EntityIDs, much like you do today, you can call my cell number (which is unique) or my office phone (which is unique) and you get me on the other end

Inactive hide details for Paul Trevithick ---09/17/2008 09:27:16 AM---I have added my thoughts here:Paul Trevithick ---09/17/2008 09:27:16 AM---I have added my thoughts here:

Paul Trevithick <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

higgins-dev <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

09/17/2008 09:27 AM

[higgins-dev] My position on EntityId

I have added my thoughts here:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EntityId_Requirements

Here is a summary of my position (expressed in more detail on the wiki page):
    • I am open to supporting the “moral equivalent” of 0..n EntityIds that Tony desires but I need someone to present at least one real-world use-case to motivate it (I’ve not been able to come up with one).
    • By “moral equivalent” I mean:
        • 0..1 “canonical” EntityId. This EntityId is unique AT LEAST within the scope of its containing Context. This EntityId MUST be immutable.
        • 0..n synonyms. These are represented as 0..n values of a new defined Attribute type called something like higgins:synonym

-Paul