[higgins-dev] My position on EntityId

Title: My position on EntityId
I have added my thoughts here:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EntityId_Requirements

Here is a summary of my position (expressed in more detail on the wiki page):
  • I am open to supporting the “moral equivalent” of 0..n EntityIds that Tony desires but I need someone to present at least one real-world use-case to motivate it (I’ve not been able to come up with one).
  • By “moral equivalent” I mean:
    • 0..1 “canonical” EntityId. This EntityId is unique AT LEAST within the scope of its containing Context. This EntityId MUST be immutable.
    • 0..n synonyms. These are represented as 0..n values of a new defined Attribute type called something like higgins:synonym

-Paul

Back to the top