From: Michael McIntosh/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
To: "Higgins \(Trust Framework\) Project developer discussions" <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Higgins \(Trust Framework\) Project developer discussions" <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 01/27/2008 02:06 AM
Subject: Re: [higgins-dev] Using Apache Commons FileUpload        prereqs        Apache        Commons IO

Chris,

We're having a F2F meeting in Utah this coming week. We have in the past
discussed using orbit but never quite been able to figure out how to use it
in a way that satisfies our requirements.
I am wondering if we can get you on the phone for 30 min or so to discuss
this with us?

Regards,
Mike

http://download.eclipse.

http://mea-bloga.
> blogspot.com | +1.860.839.2465

> Bruce Rich/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

> "Mary Ruddy" <mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> "Higgins \(Trust Framework\) Project developer discussions"
> <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> 01/25/2008 11:05 AM

> [higgins-dev] Using Apache Commons FileUpload prereqs Apache
Commons IO

> Mary,
>
> In attempting to support card issuance via X509 authentication, I
> was overjoyed to see that Apache Commons FileUpload (which supports
> multipart/form-data, which allows me to send the certificate to the
> card issuer, along with other parameters) was already in the
> dependencies.redistributable project.  I was less overjoyed when I
> noted that the Apache docs indicated that the Apache Commons IO
> package was a prereq for using FileUpload, but IO is NOT part of the
> dependencies.redistributable project.  I plowed on ahead, hoping to
> get lucky, but I now know from experience that FileUpload doesn't
> work without IO (evidence appended below).  How much of a hassle
> would it be to pull in the IO package?  I'm already feeling a little
> less lucky than I did before, but it could be that this is already
> approved and just hasn't been pulled into dependencies.
> redistributable (but I'm not sure what use it is to have FileUpload
> in there without IO).
>
> evidence....
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.commons.io.output.
> DeferredFileOutputStream
>        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verifyImpl(Native Method)
>        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verify(J9VMInternals.java:59)
>        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:120)
>        at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.disk.DiskFileItemFactory.createItem(
> DiskFileItemFactory.java:179)
>        at org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.createItem(
> FileUploadBase.java:500)
>        at org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(
> FileUploadBase.java:367)
>        at org.apache.commons.fileupload.servlet.ServletFileUpload.
> parseRequest(ServletFileUpload.java:116)
>        at org.eclipse.higgins.sts.binding.axis1x.Servlet.doPost
(Servlet.java)
>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
>        at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(
> AxisServletBase.java:327)
>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(