From: Bruce Rich/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
To: "Mary Ruddy" <mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Higgins \(Trust Framework\) Project developer discussions" <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01/25/2008 11:05 AM
Subject: [higgins-dev] Using Apache Commons FileUpload prereqs Apache        Commons IO

Mary,

In attempting to support card issuance via X509 authentication, I was overjoyed to see that Apache Commons FileUpload (which supports multipart/form-data, which allows me to send the certificate to the card issuer, along with other parameters) was already in the dependencies.redistributable project.  I was less overjoyed when I noted that the Apache docs indicated that the Apache Commons IO package was a prereq for using FileUpload, but IO is NOT part of the dependencies.redistributable project.  I plowed on ahead, hoping to get lucky, but I now know from experience that FileUpload doesn't work without IO (evidence appended below).  How much of a hassle would it be to pull in the IO package?  I'm already feeling a little less lucky than I did before, but it could be that this is already approved and just hasn't been pulled into dependencies.redistributable (but I'm not sure what use it is to have FileUpload in there without IO).

evidence....

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.commons.io.output.DeferredFileOutputStream

       at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verifyImpl(
Native Method)
       at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verify(
J9VMInternals.java:59)
       at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(
J9VMInternals.java:120)
       at org.apache.commons.fileupload.disk.DiskFileItemFactory.createItem(
DiskFileItemFactory.java:179)
       at org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.createItem(
FileUploadBase.java:500)
       at org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(
FileUploadBase.java:367)
       at org.apache.commons.fileupload.servlet.ServletFileUpload.parseRequest(
ServletFileUpload.java:116)
       at org.eclipse.higgins.sts.binding.axis1x.Servlet.doPost(Servlet.java)

       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(
HttpServlet.java:709)
       at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(
AxisServletBase.java:327)
       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(
HttpServlet.java:802)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(
ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(
ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(
StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(
StandardContextValve.java:178)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(
StandardHostValve.java:126)
       at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(
ErrorReportValve.java:105)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(
StandardEngineValve.java:107)
       at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(
CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
       at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(
Http11Processor.java:869)
       at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(
Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
       at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(
PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
       at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(
LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
       at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(
ThreadPool.java:684)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(
Thread.java:797)

Bruce A Rich