[higgins-dev] Scoping of configuration elements

In the old Realms configuration code that the Novell contributed CPs have been using, we had the ability to scope configuration elements to allow them to be referenced by any element within the same scope or any sub-scope of that element.  For example, in the JavaScript policy definitions, we could define a mapping table at the highest scope, and reference it throughout a number of context definitions, regardless of the depth of the sub-scope where the reference took place.

In the Higgins configuration code, currently, we can only reference older siblings.  We'd like to be able to retain this scoping ability so we don't have to redefine the same tables in every context.  A "reference by id" mechanism might also suffice or be even cleaner where within the scope we desire it, we can say, "I want elements 12, 19, & 34".  At any rate, we'd like something that allows us to not have to duplicate potentially large pieces of configuration everywhere it's wanted.  Perhaps there's something like this already in there that I've missed.

Thanks,
Tom

Back to the top