[higgins-dev] Notes from The 6-14-07 Higgins developers call

Title: Message

Attendees

=========

Alex Amies - IBM

Paula Austel - IBM

Jeff Broberg CA

*Andy Hodgkinson - Novell

Duane Buss - Novell

*Greg Byrd - NCSU/IBM

*Brian Carrol - Serena

Tom Doman - Novell

*Valery Kokhan - Parity Ukraine

David Kuehr-Mclaren - IBM

Mike McIntosh - IBM

*Tony Nadalin - IBM

Nataraj Nagaratnam - IBM

*Dale Olds - Novell

Uppili Srinivasan - Oracle

*Drummond Reed - Cordance

*Mary Ruddy - Parity/SocialPhysics

Markus Sabedello

*Jim Sermersheim - Novell

*George Stanchev - Serena

*Daniel Sanders

Abhi Schelat - IBM

*Paul Trevithick - Parity/SocialPhysics

--

* Present

Regrets

=======

Agenda

------

Starter Agenda

* Name change: the HigginsTrust Framework project is now officially the Higgins project

* Change to Committer Checklist process for changes in component dependencies

* Preparations for Catalyst interop (need mike for code stream talks

* Other?

1) Name change: the HigginsTrust Framework project is now officially the Higgins project

Mary:We now have officially changed the name of the project to Higgins. Eclipse will be making the changes to the webpages they control, and I will be making the change to the project controlled pages. This will reduce a lot of confusion and strengthen the brand.

2) Change to Committer Checklist process for changes in component dependencies

Mary: Previously the Committer Checklist said that Mary needed to be notified of all additions to the component dependency pages so that we can resolve version issues as necessary,start the appropriate IPR review, etc. This wasn't working. The Checklist now states that the Higgins dev list needs to be notified of any additions, deletions or updates (version changes). It is important that we track and manage our dependencies better. We will keep iterating on these processes until we get it right. If we drop a dependency that Eclipse legal is still investigating, it is important that we notify them immediately so that they can focus their efforts on reviewing the items that we are actually going to use.

3) Preparations for Catalyst interop

Paul: We should discuss the status of the versions we are using for Catalyst.

Andy: Code will be checked into Higgins prior to Catalyst. Plan on making packages available for download.

Paul: The source would be in Higgins. The RPM download would be available from Bandit.

Paul: Is considering rewriting the KM code.

Andy: That may be the best plan going forward.  Probably not until after Catalyst.

Paul: Current software only works for managed cards. Not for personal cards, certificates or optional claims until after Catalyst.

Tony: You mean self issued cards. A personal card needs the STS to run in the same process as the identity selector.

Valery: Sergey made requests to Jim for changes for IdAS API. Jim created bugzilla items.

Jim: Items were logged, not all fixed. Is there a priority order for them?

Paul: Feedback is that all are necessary for H1.

Jim: Will review the items

Paul: From the activity on the lists, Tony and his team has a lot of activity.  Parity and Novell teams need to catch up for Catalyst.

Dale:  Are STS issues resolved.

Paul: The Eclipse outage was resolved.

Daniel: Mike and he resolved the other STS item on Wednesday

Paul: Wants clarity of fork vs.. head changes before Catalyst.

Jim: It would be good to know which bugs need to be put in the 0.8 branch.

Paul: SergeyL will send you a prioritized list.

Jim:  It would be nice to have a list of all live projects.

Paul: If the components page were fully updated, it would be a list of all live branches. I will review and talk to everyone so that we can get this updated.

Brian: We many want to have a component's page per branch as they will change

Paul: Maybe would could have multiple dependencies listed (to show versioning)

Jim: Maybe a range of versions could be put on each dependency page item.

Brian: Wasn't differentiating between tagging and branching.  They are having similar problems with dependencies.

Action items:

Paul to review Components lists

Sergey to send Jim a prioritized list of IdAS bugzilla items

Preparations for Catalyst

Hold over action items

*All: Review Paul's updated version of Markus' discovery draft and

provide comments

*Tony: Itemize needed items not covered by the latest OSP

*All Component owners review their components with respect to discovery

needs.

*Topic for another call, general process for refactoring

packages

Back to the top