Re: [higgins-dev] RP Policy discussed during the higgins call

I don't believe that XACML is the best language for what the relying party needs to express, its fact that we will have to support WS-Policy assertions and in particular WS-SecurityPolicy assertions for interoperability with Cardspace, so at a minimum we should be compatible with WS-Policy and allow the same intersections when it comes to assertions.

Inactive hide details for Dieter M Sommer <DSO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Dieter M Sommer <DSO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

          Dieter M Sommer <DSO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          10/26/2006 12:31 PM

          Please respond to
          "Higgins \(Trust Framework\) Project developer discussions" <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer discussions" <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

Re: [higgins-dev] RP Policy discussed during the higgins call

Hi,

our current discussions are on an abstract level, yet independent of a
concrete syntactical representation. Thus, we are still open to go for a
new language or using extensions of an existing one, provided that this
fulfills all our requirements, such as the general evidence specification
used for third-party endorsed attributes and the requirements Paul was
referring to.

An extension of an existing language would have to be clean in the sense
that extensions are only done for well-defined extension points.
Furthermore, the extensions of existing evaluation engines would have to be
doable in clean way.

Looking forward to discuss those issues such that we can come up with the
best possible solution for Higgins.

Cheers, Dieter.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Relying_Party_Security_Policy

http://research.sun.com/projects/xacml/ws-policy-constraints-current.pdf