[higgins-dev] Identity Schemas: Sample generated LDAP ontology

All,

I wanted to go ahead and get the LDAP schema discussion rolling.  Within the Higgins and Bandit projects we've been looking at ways to abstract a variety of identity repositories.  One of the most important for us at Novell is LDAP repositories.  So, within the Higgins framework, we have created an LDAP "Context Provider" (CP) which implements a method that generates a Higgins OWL ontology from whatever LDAP repository is specified in the configuration of the CP.

For your perusal, I have attached the output generated from pointing our Higgins CP at the LDAP server running at ldap://openldap.org.  This ontology is based upon the Higgins base ontology that Paul Trevithick mentioned at http://identityschemas.org/ in item #2 under "Implementation".  Note that the ontology generated is only an attempt to represent the schema defined on the LDAP server specified.  It is NOT an attempt to fully represent the schema defined by any particular RFC, vendor, etc.

Any questions, comments, feedback, or general collaboration on this work would be appreciated.  Note that there are a variety of issues and todos that we are currently discussing relating to this work, these can be found at: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/LDAP_Issues_and_To-Dos.

Thanks,
Tom Doman
Novell Inc.