RE: [gmt-dev] evolving GMT in a fully open process that allows others to join the effort

Hi,
Evolving FUUT-je by no means implies to exclude other tools like
architectureware generator.
The idea was (is) to set up a workflow environment where tools could
participate in the workflow of doing model driven development. So far, I
have downloaded the architectureware generator tool twice, and twice I could
not figure out how to start. I am pretty sure that other people have the
same problem with FUUT-je.

The major problem we face is that using open-source tools is hard because
the installation procedures may not be very straightforward and the
documentation may be lacking. To convince me to start on a tool, it must
promise me considerable rewards. Therefore I do use Eclipse, Java, Apache,
Xerces, PHP, MySQL and a few others. Many things I just download, and if I
do not understand what it is about in 5 minutes, I will forget about it. I
think we have a chicken-and-egg problem here.

Regards,
Ghica van Emde Boas
Bronstee.com Software & Services b.v.
e-mail: emdeboas@xxxxxxxxxxxx,