Re: [gmt-dev] evolving GMT in a fully open process that allows others to join the effort

> As we discussed I think it's now a good time to start to use the GMT
mailing
> list to start evolving GMT in a fully open process that allows others to
> join the effort. Up to now we've been able to make good progress, but
> without much external visibility ;-)

I am really looking forward to get to know the details :-)

I don't want to "bash" on Fuut-je, specifically, since I
do not know the tool. I just wanted to point your attention
to the architectureware generator, for two reasons:
1) it is a very powerful metamodel-based generator. However,
    this is not my point here. The reason why I point to the tool
    here and now is, that
2) it has a very nice Eclipse integration. Specifically, it provides
    - syntax highlighting for templates
    - metamodel-aware code completion
    - a powerful template browser providing serveral views on
       the templates
    - more...

So, what I would be really interested in, is to understand, what
the *integration* aspect of GMT would look like. Is there some
documented API for that? How can I plug in a generator tool
into the GMT tool chain?

Thanks,
Markus

Markus Völter
mailto:voelter@xxxxxxx

voelter - ingenieurbüro für softwaretechnologie
Ziegelaecker 11, 89520 Heidenheim, Germany
Tel. +49 (0) 73 21 / 97 33 44

http://www.voelter.de