Re: [glassfish-dev] GlassFish 7 plans?

Hi Steve,

The timeline for Jakarta EE 10 is to start the release reviews of the component specifications from October 15, 2021 and deliver the Platform and Web Profile in Q1, 2022.

Ivar

On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 11:03 AM Steve Millidge (Payara) <steve.millidge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Ed,

AFAIK, I'm not aware of any plans although I think there are intentions. There are a number of companies that are derived from GlassFish upstream I'm assuming they will pick up the bulk of this work for Jakarta EE 10.

What is the EE10 timeline?

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: glassfish-dev <glassfish-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Ed Bratt
Sent: 26 August 2021 00:06
To: glassfish developer discussions <glassfish-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [glassfish-dev] GlassFish 7 plans?

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone is looking at production of GlassFish 7 -- to align with Jakarta EE 10. Is that something the group has interest in providing on the EE 10 release timeline? Is there a need, or is anyone tracking component spec. and implementation team development with respect to GlassFish picking up implementations or APIs (inbound dependencies, I guess), or have they established dependencies for this (outbound dependencies)?

Thanks,

-- Ed